Memorial Day marks the beginning of good weather, camping, graduations, and barbecues. It’s the season of refreshing, crisp cocktails, corn on the cob, grilling, and summer picnics. Kickoff the summer cookout season with these five cocktail ideas for your Memorial Day BBQ:
- **Ginger Shandies: **You can’t have a BBQ without beer. Try this refreshing twist on beer by combining Hoegaarden, ginger beer, and zesty lemon slices. See recipe
- **White Wine Sangria: **Red wine sangria can be a little heavy for a hot day. Serve this chilled version that uses white wine, seltzer, strawberries, and peaches. See recipe
- Watermelon Gin Fizz: This bright, refreshing cocktail is perfect for a hot day. With gin, pureed watermelon, and ginger ale, it’s sweet and tart. See recipe
- **Raspberry Beer Cocktail: **Combine beer and vodka for this adult raspberry lemonade. Bonus: It’s super easy to make a huge batch for your guests. See recipe
- Blueberry Mojito: Add a splash of color to a mojito by adding blueberries. Tip: Use frozen berries to help keep your drink chilled. See recipe
Want to get extra festive for Memorial Day? Check out this Patriotic Party Supplies Pack: Stars and Stripes ($16). You’ll get plates, napkins, cups, cutlery, and even a beach ball!
_Photo credit: dinnersdishesanddesserts.com _