Hilarious TV ads, high-powered halftime shows, and plenty of yelling, screaming, and probably cursing. That’s right — Super Bowl Sunday is finally upon us. While our favorite team didn’t make the cut this year (we won’t tell you who), you better believe we’re still throwing a party. In fact, not only that, we’re going all out with cocktails inspired by the competing teams: the Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers.
Care to join us? The following six cocktails are sure to impress all of your guests, no matter which team they’re rooting for. And for those who don’t have a favorite team this year? That’s OK. They can have one of each.
For Broncos Fans
- Battling Bronco: The name pretty much says it all. Bronco fans will appreciate the blue and orange colors of this drink, while the citrus flavors will keep them cool during high-intensity moments. See recipe
- The Mile High Mule: Drink the Mile High Mule for a nod to the city’s famous nickname. Made with gin, lime juice, and ginger beer, it’s an excellent choice for those who favor tangy over sweet. See recipe
- Orange Crush: More or less a Screwdriver with orange liqueur, the Orange Crush pays homage to the name given to the Broncos defense in 1977. It’s guaranteed to keep you quenched and tipsy. See recipe
For Panthers Fans
- Carolina Sweet Tea: Nothing says The South quite like boozy sweet tea. Whip up a big batch before kick-off and you’ll never go thirsty… or sober. See recipe
- Carolina Blue Whale: Want to rock your team’s colors on game day? Look no further than the Caroline Blue Whale. This cocktail combines rum, blue curacao, and pineapple juice for a sip that’s tropical, festive, and fun. See recipe
- Carolina Iced Tea: Warning — this drink is not for the faint of
heartliver. Made with SoCo, rum, vodka, schnapps, and sweet tea, you might just pass out before halftime. See recipe
What are you serving up on the Super Bowl? Let us know!