Traditionally, the turkey is the superstar of Thanksgiving. Well, not this year. These five Thanksgiving cocktails will make you forget about stuffing and pumpkin pie. Easy, impressive cocktails: now, that is one thing to be thankful for.
- Cranberry Margarita: There is no better time to enjoy cranberries than at Thanksgiving. This cocktail is a fun twist on the classic margarita, bursting with flavor and color. And, it couldn’t be easier to make. Just mix all the ingredients in one pitcher and serve. See recipe
- Pumpkin Martini: Move over pumpkin pie, there’s a new, boozy dessert in town. This sweet Thanksgiving cocktail is deceptively strong, so watch out. The pumpkin spice liqueur combined with vodka is so delicious, you won’t even be thinking about the real pie. See recipe
- Spiced Apple Cider: This drink has been referred to as “holiday in a glass.” Mix hard apple cider with Fireball, a cinnamon whiskey, and you have a smooth, spiced Thanksgiving cocktail that will warm you up from the inside out. See recipe
- The Frozen Turkey: Save some room for this decadent dessert cocktail after the big meal, trust us. Wild Turkey bourbon and Amaretto are laced with butter pecan ice cream and topped with caramel sauce. This is a perfect cocktail for non-whiskey drinkers, as it pairs sweetly with the ice cream. See recipe
- Pomegranate Spritzer: Let’s be honest. Few of us will go through the effort to free all the little seeds from the grasp of the pomegranate. Fortunately, this Thanksgiving cocktail has done all the work for us. This two-ingredient spritzer is refreshing and sweet. See recipe
Photo credit: gimmesomeoven.com