It’s 11 pm on New Year’s Eve and you want another cocktail, but you know the rounds of champagne are coming out in an hour. You’ve also been drinking for quite a while. What can you order to have a tasty cocktail in your hand, but keep things in line?
Here are five cocktail ideas with slightly lower alcohol content to make your night last longer:
- Campari and Soda: This is one of the signature ways to serve Campari, an Italian spirit. Campari provides subtle bitter notes and the soda refreshes your palate with invigorating bubbles. If you find this too bitter, substitute ginger ale for soda. See recipe
- Bellini: Colorful and flavorful, yet totally festive. This cocktail is a fruity mix of peach and champagne, which transitions nicely to the champagne toast you’re waiting for. See recipe
- Ash Blonde: This cocktail features Lillet, a French aperitif wine. It is light, sweet and fruity, with hints of floral notes. Mixed with Cointreau, an orange-flavored liqueur, this is an easy-to-drink cocktail for the end of the night. See recipe
- Fuzzball: Don’t let the name deter you from trying this drink. Peach Schnapps with Sprite make this cocktail super easy to sip. Most schnapps are generally low in proof, so don’t worry about ordering two of these. See recipe
- Midori Sour: If you like sweet and sour, this light drink is for you. Midori is a sweet melon liqueur with a bright green color. It can be a little too sweet on its own for some, but mixed with the sour mix, it’s the perfect balance of sweet and tart. See recipe